Our Team Handles Cases Across South Texas
What sets The Ricky Rod Law Group apart from other firms in our area is our extensive track record. Attorney Ricardo Rodriguez served as a District Court Judge for seven years and he was the elected Criminal District Attorney for Hidalgo County for eight years. In these positions, he fought to uphold the law and took measures to see that defendants always got a fair trial. In addition, he worked to establish several rehabilitation programs that aimed to prevent repeat offenses from individuals who had been convicted of drug crimes or driving while intoxicated (DWI).
For Attorney Rodriguez, helping clients is not just a job – it’s a calling and a passion. Coming from humble beginnings himself as the child of teenage parents and migrant workers, he has seen firsthand how hard work and dedication can lead to success, and how everyone deserves a second chance. Attorney Rodriguez leverages his success for the benefit of his clients, working hard to ensure they have the advocacy and representation they need when facing some of the darkest moments of their lives. When you seek the help of The Ricky Rod Law Group for your defense, you get an attorney with a deep understanding of the law and proven commitment to helping people.
Schedule a free consultation with our Edinburg criminal defense lawyers today by calling (956) 294-0071 or by contacting us online.
Facing any kind of criminal charges can be stressful. If you have been charged with a misdemeanor or felony crime, there are a few important steps to take:
- Know you have the right to remain silent under the Fifth Amendment. At any time during your arrest or before you have been charged, you may invoke this right. Doing so can help you avoid saying anything the prosecution could later use against you.
- Even if you know you are innocent, you should not resist arrest. If you do, it could cause issues with your case and even lead to additional charges.
- It could be crucial to document your arrest.
- Do not speak about your case, except with a lawyer.
- Call an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as you are able. A lawyer can provide you with counsel on what to do or say in crucial moments, and advocate on your behalf inside and outside of court.
Get the help of a firm that is committed to serving justice in South Texas. Call for a free consultation or fill out a contact form to get in touch with our team.Contact Us
At our firm, we believe that every defendant deserves to make their case to a judge or jury and have a fair trial. Unfortunately, police officers, prosecuting teams, and others involved in cases frequently violate the rights of defendants.
To see that this does not happen to you, our Edinburg criminal defense attorneys will:
- Aggressively advocate for your rights
- Speak on your behalf or provide you with counsel on what to say during an interview or testimony
- Call out and attempt to rectify violations of your rights during these same interviews and testimonies
- Determine whether officers lawfully arrested you
- Identify any infringements on your rights while you were in police custody
- Work to ensure the prosecuting team adheres to the rule of law while making their case
The Consequences of a Criminal Conviction
For felony and misdemeanor crimes, the consequences of a conviction can significantly affect your life. Many convictions in Texas require individuals to serve jail time and pay hefty fines. Repeat offenses or those committed in conjunction with other crimes can amplify these consequences.
The effects of a conviction go beyond jail sentences and fines. Having a felony on your criminal record can prevent you from getting certain jobs or negatively impact a rental application. Individuals with a felony are also barred from voting or owning a gun.
When you hire The Ricky Rod Law Group to defend you, we will do all that we can to reduce your charges or have them dropped altogether. We can also expunge your arrest from coming up if your criminal charges have been dismissed or found not guilty. Schedule a free consultation with us today so that we can begin collecting and examining evidence and developing a defense strategy that is tailored to what you need.
Call us at (956) 294-0071 or contact us online.
Over 2 Decades of Practicing LawAttorney Rodriguez has been practicing law for over 20 years, establishing his own private practice which included criminal, family, civil, and federal cases.
Served as a District Court Judge for Over Six Years
Attorney Rodriguez served as the 92nd District Court Judge in Hidalgo County, making decisions daily on cases of personal injury, wrongful death, property, marriages, children and divorces. This experience gives him a invaluable and unique perspective.
Invested in Making a DifferenceAttorney Rodriguez implemented many courts and diversion programs during his time as Criminal District Attorney, such as First Time DWI Offenders Pre-Trial, Family Violence Court, Misdemeanor DWI Court, Veteran’s Court (pre-disposition), Mental Health Court and Misdemeanor Drug Court.
Learn more about your legal options by speaking with a member of our team today: (956) 294-0071