Truck Accident Attorneys in Edinburg, Texas
A recent report from the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) showed there were over 22,000 crashes that involved tractor trailers across the state in 2020. Of these accidents, nearly 700 resulted in “serious injuries” such as broken bones or internal damage.
Compared to accidents involving passenger vehicles, those who are in a collision with a truck were twice as likely to sustain a serious injury.
At The Ricky Rod Law Group, we have seen firsthand what this data shows. Crashes involving large tractor trailers are especially dangerous and can cause injuries that require expensive medical care and result in other devastating costs.
If you have been hurt in an accident, get our help immediately. We will work hard from the day we take on your case to develop a strategy to help you recover the damages you deserve.
Local Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyers With Unparalleled Experience
Filing a lawsuit for your truck accident injuries is a complex matter. This is because there are many regulations that govern the trucking industry, and these accidents can involve multiple responsible parties.
Here are things we will consider in your case:
- State and federal governments have laws that determine the types of cargo trucks can carry, how much weight they can carry, how fast they can drive, the number of hours a driver can operate a truck at one time, and more. One way to build a lawsuit is to gather pertinent evidence to these regulations and demonstrate how a violation caused the accident.
- Truck accidents often happen because of the negligence of someone other than the driver. From transport company managers to those who load products onto the trailers, there are many individuals whose actions could lead to a crash. When you retain our firm, we will determine who was responsible and seek to recover damages from the appropriate parties.
No matter our strategy for your case, our Edinburg truck accident attorneys have the skill and knowledge to put it into action. When we takes on your case, you can trust we will use our unparalleled depth of legal experience while advocating for you.
Comparative Negligence in Texas
In our state, you can sue for damages even if you shared fault in the accident. Texas’s modified comparative negligence rule requires judges to examine evidence and apportion fault in percentages. If you are not more than 50% at fault for an accident, you can file a lawsuit.
It is important to note that in cases where parties share fault, your percentage affects how much money you can pursue. For example, if a judge determines you are 15% responsible for a crash, then you can only get 85% of the maximum amount of potential compensation.
How Can an Edinburg Truck Accident Attorney Help You Recover Compensation?
An Edinburg Truck Accident Lawyer can play a pivotal role in assisting victims who have been injured in truck accidents due to another party's negligence. They are equipped with the necessary expertise to navigate the complexities of the legal system and fight for the rights of their clients. By conducting a meticulous investigation, they gather evidence to substantiate the claim, assess the damage and injuries, and establish the liability of the responsible parties. They also help in negotiating with insurance companies to ensure that the victim receives the maximum possible compensation.
Services Offered by a Truck Accident Lawyer Include:
- Accident Investigation: The attorney conducts a thorough investigation to collect all the necessary evidence, including accident reports, eyewitness testimonies, and photographic evidence. The aim is to establish a strong case against the responsible party.
- Assessment of Damages: They will thoroughly assess all the damages and injuries suffered by the victim to determine the extent of compensation required. This includes medical bills, loss of wages, property damages, and even emotional trauma.
- Negotiation with Insurance Companies: Insurance companies often attempt to minimize the compensation awarded to the victim. A truck accident lawyer is adept at negotiating with these companies to ensure their clients receive what they are rightfully owed.
- Representation in Court: If the case goes to trial, the attorney will represent the victim in court, presenting a persuasive argument to maximize the chances of a favorable outcome.
- Legal Advice: Lawyers also provide victims with legal advice and guidance throughout the process, ensuring that they understand their rights and options.
- Handling Paperwork: Navigating the legal system involves a lot of paperwork. A professional attorney will handle all the required documentation to ensure a smooth process.
Remember, the goal of an Edinburg truck accident attorney is to ensure that victims of truck accidents receive the maximum compensation possible for their physical and emotional suffering.
Damages You Can Recover in Truck Accidents
Our truck accident lawyers in Edinburg will do all we can to help you get exactly what you deserve from your lawsuit.
Our team will:
- Work to cover your medical bills, including ambulance rides, surgeries, or other treatments; medication; physical therapy; and all visits to your doctor or hospital stays
- Seek wages you might have lost because you could not go to work after your crash, or wages you missed because your injuries prevented you from working in a similar capacity as before
- Help you get compensation for damage to your car or other property
- Demonstrate that you deserve to recover damages for non-economic consequences such as chronic pain, stress, or decreases in your quality of life
When you trust The Ricky Rod Law Group with your case, our goal is simple: We want to help you get the money you need to move forward after an accident.