According to a 2021 report from the Texas Department of Transportation, car crashes happened nearly every two minutes across our state. Of those crashes, 239,539 caused injuries to drivers, which is more than 650 new injuries every single day.
Nobody wants to be injured in an accident, but if you have found yourself hurt because of another’s negligence, what should you do?
Call The Ricky Rod Law Group. We have more than 20 years of legal experience and are dedicated to helping the people we serve in our community get the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Car accident lawsuits can be complex, but it is not impossible to successfully sue for damages with the help of a skilled legal advocate. If you have been hurt in a wreck, trust our experienced car accident lawyers in Edinburg to fight for you.
Get the help of a firm that is committed to serving justice in South Texas. Call for a free consultation or fill out a contact form to get in touch with our team.Contact Us
Over 2 Decades of Practicing LawAttorney Rodriguez has been practicing law for over 20 years, establishing his own private practice which included criminal, family, civil, and federal cases.
Served as a District Court Judge for Over Six Years
Attorney Rodriguez served as the 92nd District Court Judge in Hidalgo County, making decisions daily on cases of personal injury, wrongful death, property, marriages, children and divorces. This experience gives him a invaluable and unique perspective.
Invested in Making a DifferenceAttorney Rodriguez implemented many courts and diversion programs during his time as Criminal District Attorney, such as First Time DWI Offenders Pre-Trial, Family Violence Court, Misdemeanor DWI Court, Veteran’s Court (pre-disposition), Mental Health Court and Misdemeanor Drug Court.
Learn more about your legal options by speaking with a member of our team today: (956) 294-0071
The moments after a car accident can be incredibly stressful, and you might not know exactly what to do.
After an accident:
- Make sure you and your passengers are safe. If you need immediate help for your injuries or another’s, call 911 or find someone to do it for you. If you can walk away from the crash, be sure to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you believe you are unscathed, seeing a doctor can help you detect issues that might not be immediately apparent.
- Call the police and file a report. Having official documentation of your accident can be crucial for your case.
- Take pictures and videos of the scene of the wreck, as well as of your injuries. Document the way your injuries affect your life after the crash and how they change. Be sure to also obtain and keep medical records from any visit to a doctor. This documentation can serve as key evidence in your case.
- The moments after an accident can leave drivers feeling angry and upset. If it is apparent that it is not safe to approach the other driver, avoid doing so. Otherwise, get the other driver’s information, including their name, contact information, insurance provider and policy number, and driver’s license number.
- If there were witnesses to your crash, get their names and contact information as well.
- Call a trusted attorney. At The Ricky Rod Law Group, we can discuss the possibility of an injury lawsuit, how we might approach pursuing it, and what we need to start building your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Car accidents can happen any time and for a variety of reasons. Knowing the common causes of car accidents can help you to avoid them and keep yourself and others safe on the road.
- Distracted Driving: One of the most common causes of car accidents is distracted driving. This includes anything that takes the driver's attention away from the road, such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or adjusting the radio. When drivers are distracted, they are less likely to react to sudden changes in traffic or road conditions, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Driving Under the Influence: When drivers are impaired, their ability to react to sudden changes in traffic or road conditions is severely diminished. They may also have difficulty controlling their vehicles or making sound judgments, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless driving includes a wide range of behaviors, such as weaving in and out of traffic, speeding, tailgating, and ignoring traffic signals or signs. When drivers engage in reckless driving, they increase the risk of an accident and put themselves and others in danger.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Poor weather conditions, such as rain or fog, can make it difficult for drivers to see the road and control their vehicles. When drivers fail to adjust their driving to suit the weather conditions, they increase the risk of an accident.
- Fatigue: After a long drive, or you are just tired, fatigue can affect a driver's ability to focus and react quickly to sudden changes in traffic or road conditions. When drivers are fatigued, they may have difficulty staying awake or maintaining their lane, increasing the risk of an accident.
Although the responsibility of a car wreck is clear in many cases, we have seen instances where parties share fault. When this happens, judges use Texas’s modified comparative negligence rule to determine the amount of damages either party can recover.
To do so, a court considers all the evidence and assigns each party a percentage of blame. If a party is more than 50% responsible for an accident, they cannot sue. Should a party share, for example, 30% of the blame for a crash, they can only pursue 70% of the maximum possible amount of damages.
Car accidents can lead to all kinds of unexpected costs that are difficult, if not impossible, to cover. This is why when you come to us for help, we do all we can to see that you receive money to cover the costs of your injuries and more.
We can pursue the following damages:
- Bills for medical care in the past or the future
- Repairs for your car
- Wages you might have lost because your injuries made it so you could not work
- Pay for temporary or permanent disabilities
- Compensation for stress, pain, suffering, and other non-economic costs of an accident
You should not delay seeking the money you deserve. Texas law has a statute of limitations of two years to file a claim. Scheduling a free consultation to discuss how our Edinburg car accident injury attorneys might approach your case today can put you on the right track to getting what you deserve.
Understanding the Legal Process After a Car Accident
Being involved in a car accident can be a traumatic experience, and navigating the legal process that follows can be overwhelming. At The Ricky Rod Law Group, our experienced team of car accident attorneys is here to guide you through every step of the legal process, ensuring that your rights are protected and that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Here is a brief outline of the legal process after a car accident:
- Initial Consultation: When you contact our firm, we will schedule a free initial consultation to discuss the details of your accident and evaluate the strength of your case.
- Investigation: Our team will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident, gathering evidence such as police reports, witness statements, and medical records to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiation: We will enter into negotiations with the insurance company to seek a fair settlement that covers your medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
- Litigation: If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court and advocate for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
- Resolution: Once a settlement or verdict is reached, we will assist you in resolving any outstanding medical bills and ensuring that you receive the compensation you are entitled to.
By hiring The Ricky Rod Law Group, you can focus on your recovery while we handle the legal aspects of your car accident case. Our team is dedicated to providing personalized attention and aggressive representation to ensure the best possible outcome for your case.
Why You Need a Car Accident Attorney
After a car accident, you may be dealing with physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial losses. Hiring a car accident attorney can help alleviate some of the stress and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Here are some reasons why you should consider hiring a car accident attorney:
- Legal expertise: A car accident attorney has the knowledge and experience to navigate the complex legal process and fight for your rights.
- Investigation: Your attorney can investigate the accident to determine liability and gather evidence to support your case.
- Negotiation: Your attorney can negotiate with insurance companies and other parties involved to ensure that you receive a fair settlement.
- Protection: Your attorney can protect you from insurance companies who may try to offer a lower settlement than you deserve or deny your claim altogether.
- Peace of mind: Hiring an attorney can give you peace of mind, knowing that you have a legal professional on your side who is fighting for your best interests.
If you've been injured in a car accident, don't hesitate to contact The Ricky Rod Law Group in Edinburg, TX for a free consultation with one of our experienced car accident attorneys.
Get the help of a firm that is committed to serving justice in South Texas. Call for a free consultation or fill out a contact form to get in touch with our team.